2011 FREEDOM IS COMING SOON !!! 25th DEATH ANNIVERSARY

To commemorate the 25th anniversary(AUGUST 6th) of our fathers death and the coming of freedom to Southern Sudan ,we have published the two poems written by Richard Lo' Latio.The first DEATH OF A WARRIOR/DEATH STRIKES/MOURNING IN EXILE/ HE WROTE IN December 1986 immediately he learnt of his fathers death.The second one THE WARRIOR he wrote in 1994 after some reflection in his own life and the impact of losing his father become more apparent.

Sunday, February 2, 2014

ADBULLAH IS JUST A FRIEND

You force yourself and claim that you are my brother why?
If I may ask,
 I don’t think you are clever.
I am an African you claim to be an Arab
 You look north I look south.
Sometimes you make me laugh
You think I am a fool
You are after something fishy
I do not trust you at all.

You swear all day in the name of God
That you will divorce your wife without action only words four times
Are you ever serious you are not nor sincere nor can you be are colonist
You call me a brother when I call you a brother
You call me a slave
How can I be both a brother and a slave at the save time?
Stop fooling yourself 
Stop faltering me.
I know what you want you are not sincere nor can you be trusted at all
I rest my case.

 Latio lojaden
 17/10/1994

No comments:

Post a Comment